On the Defenders of Ukraine Day, the "What is to remember" project presents the results of an interdisciplinary study "Policies and practices of commemoration of the fallen soldiers in the Russian-Ukrainian war in the East of Ukraine", on which the research team worked for about six months.
The presentation will take place on October 14, 2021 at 15:00 in the "Ye" bookstore located at Kyiv, Vul. Lysenko, 3.
The study analyzed statistics on about 4,500 soldiers killed in the Russian-Ukrainian war, taking into account gender, age, burial region, professional affiliation, etc. Public opinion on the practices of commemoration soldiers killed in the Russian-Ukrainian war was clarified on the basis of a representative survey conducted in July 2021. The study also covered the legal aspects of policies and practices to commemorate the fallen servicemen: legislative features of burial, remembrance and support for the families of the victims. A separate meaningful block is the support of the families of deceased: analysis of the rights enshrined in law and the real situation.
The results of the study will be discussed among:
- Oksana Ivantsiv – research initiator, "What is to remember" project founder, head of the NGO Arts&Rights, human rights activist, documentaries producer;
- Tamara Martsenyuk – scientific research curator, Ph.D., Department of Sociology of the National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy associate professor;
- Vladyslava Osmak cultural part of the study researcher, head of the Cultural and Artistic Center of the National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy, researcher of Kyiv;
- Viktoriia Oliynyk legal aspects of policies and practices in commemoration of the fallen soldiers researcher, NGO "Legal Hundred" lawyer;
- Dmytro Krapyvenko – Editor-in-Chief of "Ukrainian Week" magazine;
- It will be moderated by Anastasia Obertas, "What Is To Remember" project Communications Manager, communications expert for social change and reforms.
If you wish to attend the presentation in person, please register for the event, as the number of visitors is limited due to quarantine requirements: https://forms.gle/GWwkr3s5zHwPw7Qb9
"What is to remember" project is implemented by NGO Arts&Rights with the support of the Ukrainian Cultural Foundation. Project partners: Ministry for Veterans Affairs of Ukraine, Ukrainian Institute of National Remembrance, NGO "Legal Hundred", creative bureau Plaiburo and "Ukrainian Week" magazine.